The Test Center evaluated hundreds of products in 2008, from the palmtop to the data center and everything in between. In selecting each product of the year, Test Center editors needed to make sure that there was a critical offering to the market at large, significant value to the end user and immediate impact on how the lion's share of solution providers in the channel would think about and deliver technology.
Some of the products that made the cut are
- Notebook - WINNER: Lenovo ThinkPad X300
- Operating System - WINNER: Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Web Application - WINNER: Firefox 3.0
- Smartphone - WINNER: iPhone 3G
- Product Of The Year - WINNER: Intel Modular Server
See the rest of the slideshow... including reasons why they choose these products to represent the best of 2008.