Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Closer Look at SMB IT

I'm just getting in to the SMB IT industry from the marketing side of things and while researching, the first site that popped up in search was SMBITPROS.com. I did a quick overview and my initial impression is that this is a great resource for up to date, practical advice for this sector.

smbITpros.com cover topics that deal with SMB IT such as:
  • Finances
  • Managing
  • Marketing
  • Operations
  • Sales
  • Starting Up
  • Technology

This is how they describe themselves:

"smbitpros.com is the ramblings of Michael Cooch and Josh Clifford, Founder/CEO and CSO (Chief Service Officer), respectively, of Everon Technology Services, LLC. Everon is a pioneer and leader in the SMB managed services space, serving clients around the United States and a handful of offices in Europe."

Their latest post “How to compensate salespeople when they sign longer term managed services contracts?” hit home with something Minicom manufactures. If you want to hear our perspective on managed service providers, listen to this podcast by David Zucker, Minicom’s Director of Business Development of the IT & KVM Division. David will explain how “managed service providers can now sell a KVM IP device as a monthly service” using Minicom’s PX.

The Minicom Media Club offers a variety of free podcasts and archived webinars for your enjoyment.

2 comments so far. What are your thoughts?

Harrybbbb (Harry Brelsford, CEO, SMB Nation) said...

Hi there - I bumped into you blog on a google search. I am the CEO of SMB Nation and I would encourage you to get to know us as you look at the SMB IT field. That's what I do best as they say :)

I am about to leave for London where I am holding a workshop on Friday, Dec 5th...so if you are in the UK, you might consider attending. Otherwise at our site you can sign up for the SMB PC magazine, learn about our Webinars, and other goodness.

Thanks...harrybbbbb
Harry Brelsford
CEO, SMB Nation
www.smbnation.com

mini_sid said...

Hi Harry - Thanks for letting me know about your site - it looks great. Wish I was in the UK to make it to your workshop, I'm sure I could learn a lot from you. Our HQ are in Israel, but have offices in New Jersey, Switzerland, Italy & France. I will be looking closer at your site and definately signing up for the magazine.
I will probably contact you directly, as I am sure to have questions.
Thanks for introducing yourself!