Minicom and Server Tech are pleased to invite you to join us for a live webinar that will focus on device management and increasing efficiency in the Data Center.
Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
As the number of critical servers and applications continues to increase , companies have made significant investments in tools to access, monitor and manage them. These include PDUs, IP KVM, console servers, and in-band remote access tools like RDP, VNC, SSH, Telnet, ILO and many more.
With multiple resources at the administrator’s disposal it has become increasingly difficult to keep track and locate these assets when and where they are actually needed. This leads to increased server downtime and the inefficient use of IT staff’s time.
It is therefore imperative that each of these valuable tools is made easily available to ensure IT staff can quickly access, evaluate, and fix a server problem and minimize server downtime.
Additionally, as power densities and cost increase and power availability decreases it has become increasingly important for organizations to ensure proper power monitoring, management and control of these servers and devices to both keep costs down and to maximize utilization of the hardware.
This webinar will include:
1. how Minicom and Server Technology can dramatically increase your IT staff’s efficiency and reduce server downtime.
2. how you can provide IT staff with a secure, single pane of glass for remote management while leveraging existing hardware and software tools.
3. how you can quickly, securely and seamlessly manage power using Server Technology’s cabinet Power Distribution Units (PDUs)
4. device level power monitoring to determine PUE/DCiE metrics, identifying zombie servers, energy usage for cost allocation and power monitoring for capacity planning
5. a demonstration of the integrated solution in action
Thu, Oct 1, 2009 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT